Tuesday, January 5, 2010

AVATAR Movie Review


I am not accustomed to writing movie reviews but I just have to share this on e. I finally watched Cameron's new blockbuster flick last night, Avatar after avoiding the first week's opening rush. Honestly when I first saw the preview a few months ago, I didn't think much of it and thought that it is just another over budget sci-fi, alien flick shrouded in CGI special effects.

Storyline was typical: power hungry humans (or some may say Americans) against the native uprising. Think of it as Gone with the Wind in outer space. Even with a cliche plot and "Avatar" concept in the likes of Bruce Willis's recent movie Surrogates, I must say that I still enjoyed the storyline and most of all the visual effects. The scenes and imagery was breath taking it and it almost seems like you are experiencing Pandora first hand. Cameron's fairly accurate representation of the science behind the movie is also pretty impressive. A book called Avatar: A Confidential Report on the Biological and Social History of Pandora (James Cameron's Avatar) is also available ($10US).

If you haven't seen it yet, I think it is worth the $12, and I highly suggest shelling out the extra $3 for the 3D version. (4/5 Stars)


The Making of Avatar: Behind the Scenes






2 comments:

Keep it clean!