Just want to share with you all what I had for dinner tonight, my own version of stuffed trout. It is fairly easy to make (except for the de-boning part which takes practice), and here is the recipe:
2 small rainbow trout, deboned
1 can crab meat, strained
1/4 cup ground Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup copped onions
1 free range egg
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 360 degrees
1) Prepare the fish by deboning it and sprinkling kosher salt, let it sit for 10 minutes
2) Mix together in a bow the crab meat, egg, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs
3) Stir fry onions, and add in crab meat mix. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
4) Stuff trout with crab meat mixture.
5) Brush fish with melted butter and sprinkly with paprika
Bake in caserole dish for 20 mins.